10.21.2005


"Mom and dad, if one of you doesn't turn the heat on in here, it's going to be POW! Right in the kisser!"





Tolby is three months old today. To exercise her newfound maturity, she slept through the night for the first time. Unfortunately, I could not reap any of the benefits. I was up at 3:30 a.m. anyway--sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy headed and engorged. The illness that started with Tolby spread like wildfire through the house, taking me as its ultimate casualty. My husband got it the worst of all, which was ironic when you consider that he fancies himself the Old Ironisides of viral immunity. His cheeks and ears were flaming as his cells fought the good fight and I administered tea-with-lemon-and-honey just like his mama used to do.

"I'm sad," he said when I came down with the same thing.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because you were being so nice and taking care of me. It was schmoopy. Now you're sick and I have to take care of you. And I'm not even better yet!"

All this boo-hooing might make you wonder where my other baby was through all this. Don't worry, she was sleeping. Tolby may not look anything me, but there's one thing that made the jump from my gene pool to hers--the innate and powerful wisdom that sleep will cure what's ailing you.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Jene said...

I can't believe she is 3 months old already!!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jene said...

And oh, maybe you all got sick BECAUSE IT IS SO FREAKING COLD IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Dad said...

I never said anything like that!!!! I've been horribly misquoted.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous The Lord of the Thermostat said...

Maybe it's so cold because heating oil is 5 bizillion dollars a gallon and we don't live in the tropics of FL. But at least my house won't get swept out to sea this weekend.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home