10.06.2005







My little road warrior












Safely ensconced in her Britax Companion car seat, Tolby loves to travel. The confines of her seat must mimic those last few months in the close quarters of my womb. And, though it's no rival for the uterus, the cushy Companion's side impact protection is state of the art.

Tolby, Roxie and I paint the countryside red in scenic drives that relax and rejuvenate me daily. Living where we do, on a busy street with only a lumber company separating us from the Interstate highway, it's easy to forget just how beautiful my quiet corner of the state is. Hills roll through farms, antique homes and small shops. Fences, which make bad neighbors, are kept politely short in their rocky sprawl. The skyline is a backdrop to so many trees.

Roxie drools on the window as we pass horses and even the odd bison. Tolby sleeps as the sun seeps through the car seat's umbrella and warms her. I sail through curves and bump along dirt roads. This is the undiscovered part of Connecticut, separate from stereotypes of rich suburban New Yorkers.

It's just us and the open road. Till my husband gets the gas bill. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dad said...

No wonder I spend days each month repairing that car. And here, I thought it was breaking itself by sitting in the driveway.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Roxie Carol said...

If you opened the windows and let me stick my head out, I wouldn't drool on them.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jene said...

it looks like her head is in a vice. :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jene said...

i think I meant "vise."

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home