10.24.2005

Today was productive and good for the soul. I ate both breakfast and dinner with friends, wrote half a magazine article, and mouse-proofed the kitchen (meaning I did the dishes). I admit washing dishes isn't the most effective extermination method, but it keeps the mice out of the sink. Usually.

The only thing missing from my life right now is money. If my husband and I had money, we'd be able to turn the heat up past 59 degrees. If we had money, I'd be able to take baths whenever I wanted, lounging wet and wanton in total disregard for the price of heating fuel. If we had money, I could eat Chinese take-out just like I used to. If we had money, I'd make like a good New Englander and drink Dunkin Donuts coffee with reckless abandon. If we had money, my husband and I would not fight when I turn up the heat, take baths, order Chinese and drink medium Vanilla Spice iced coffees (skim milk, two sugars) anyway.

On the other hand, we've discovered a $3/bottle wine that is really quite drinkable. It's called Lost Vineyards and as long as you stay away from the Malbec, you can't go wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you stopped spending so much time on the internet writing this god awful nonsense and did more freelance work, you could afford to actually heat your house and keep your child in a healthy environment?

5:14 PM  
Anonymous roxie carol said...

Hey Anonymous, if it's so bad, why do you keep coming back to read it? Dumbass.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home